Your ongoing digital source of information

Your tools
Procedures and FAQ

Did you know…

Aug 23, 2021 8:30:00 AM / by iA

Did you know that withdrawing money from a registered education savings plan (RESP) is not limited to a college or university education?

Professional or technical training, or university

Beneficiaries of an RESP can receive educational assistance payments (EAP) if they pursue postsecondary education. Some technical or professional training schools are also eligible. The options are therefore more vast for beneficiaries, who will have access to professional training courses. This is something that you can discuss with your clients, by showing them the flexibility their child will have when it comes time to choose a career!

Tools to make your life easier

Our illustration tool may be very useful. Use it to create and suggest different scenarios with your clients. Additionally, our RESP enrolment tool allows you to issue an RESP contract in just minutes! You can find these tools under “My tools and Applications” in the main menu of the Advisor Centre.

Visit the My Education+ and Diploma section in the RESP portal in the Advisor Centre to find out more. You will also find useful documentation to help you in your sales approach, as well as training videos.

Take advantage of back-to-school to offer parents your advisory services and inform them of all the advantages of taking out an RESP.



Topics: Savings

Written by iA